9.25.2006

Clinton to Fox News: This Shit Will Not Stand

I want to talk for a bit about Bill Clinton.

My views where he is concerned have done a lot of shifting since I first became politically aware at some point during his administration, and they've done so again. When he was in there, I was a fan. I applauded the manner in which he dealt with assholes like Gingrich. I admired his eloquence and intelligence. Later on, after his presidency, I resented the way he changed direction in his second term; I thought he sold out on his values, and perhaps he did. What I always understood is that he just cold got shit done, and it was with that intent that he adapted his stances to changing political climes. But now I look at a President who has no concept of the will of the people, and I have a lot more respect for the man. And then came his interview on Fox News last night. Youtube offers it in two parts

UPDATE!! Fox News had it pulled from Youtube. Wonder why ^_^

Here it is on Google Video, and in case it gets pulled from there I'm going to link y'all to the transcript



If there were more Democrats like Clinton I would still be a Democrat. Now I like Kerry, but he never had it in him to fight back when he was being bullshitted about his war record. He never really tried. He certainly didn't even consider taking the fight to the network intent on smearing him. And had he, he likely would have buckled. Clinton? He skull-fucked Chris Wallace on national tv. Fox commentators looking to do damage control have dismissed it as "finger-wagging." Which is the standard defense against anything Clinton. Unfortunately, this probably won't be the last I have to say this, but let's give it another try. ORAL SEX IS NOT A BIG DEAL. IT'S GREAT AND ALL, BUT IT HAS NEITHER THE POWER NOR RELEVANCE TO DERAIL A SOUND ARGUMENT. This is the same thing that happened over at Cooper's after she explained her policy where that was concerned. Though I can't seem to find that post now that I go looking for it. I guess it didn't make the jump to the domain. Of course you all remember this post, and that was what started it anyways. I loved that thread. There's a part of my brain that lights up whenever some ignorant motherfucker shows his face and starts spewing.

Speaking of which, I find the word "motherfucker" fascinating in its duality. On face value the literal meaning is rather specific, but let's take a look at it a bit. When it's used in the way I just used it, as an insult, it implies that the person in question was unable to overcome Oedipus. But what of it's non-pejorative use? For instance, "Bad Motherfucker." In that case, simply put, the implication is that the subject brings carnal delight to other mothers. And while the subject of the pejorative usage of the word need only commit the implied lewd act once to earn his stain, the badge of honor that is the celebratory usage must be earned through repeated and consistant efforts.

Where was I?

Ah yes. Damage control. The other way that it has been spun is that Clinton flew off the handle; that he was redfaced and fire-eyed. I'm going to go on the record here. If a politician doesn't have fire in his eyes he ought to be defenestrated and replaced with someone who gives a fuck, no matter what his affiliation. The scarecrow will always beat the lion and the tinman in an election. That's what got us where we are now. And that shit needs to stop.

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    excellenr post wombat- i'll elaborate when i get home like tuesdat some time your time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    i leave in a couple hours. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I did happen to catch this... and I was riled up as Clinton... I was very proud of him! "I miss Clinton"... saw that on a bumper sticker this weekend, thought it was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart aches everytime I see the man... I miss him... shit what is the world coming to?

    You know I agree with you of course...

    And thank you! I thought the only thing Clinton did wrong was apologize for the "lying"... which wasn't really lying because he went by the word as defined... and in any case, semantics, schmemantics, who gives a rat's ass? He was brilliant and where he stick his penis is not of my concern...

    As for motherfucker... ha, ha, haaa! I will often call Loverboy a motherfucker and he will reply "Indeed" or "yeah baby yeah!"...

    huh...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've always loved BOTH clintons.

    ReplyDelete