9.24.2007

OK so....

I thought I would be posting earlier tonight but my day took an interesting and awesome turn so I just got home now. I'm going to sleep and then write a post when I wake up, but before I do, I'll do some quick expostion:

I'm a geek

but you knew that. You also know that I read lots of webcomics. One of which is xkcd, which I've linked to before. about six months ago this comic was posted on the site. it contained the following numbers:

42.39561 -71.13051 2007 09 23 14 38 00

Coordinates to a park in Cambridge, at 2:38 pm yesterday. Randall Monroe, the creator, insistently said nothing about it, but speculation grew in the forums. Eventually people from as far a way as (motherfuckin') Australia decided they'd make the trip. Hundreds of people from all over, most of whom had never met before, descending on a small park.

For a few hours that place was if not the most then certainly one of the most awesomely geeky places on the earth. One of the most fun times I'd ever had with strangers.

But now is for sleep. When I wake up there'll be more photos in I know that I was caught on "film" of both varieties so it's just a matter of time before it's posted.

1 comment: