9.04.2005

So long, and thanks.

I'll be honest.

I disagreed with a great number of your decisions.

Most of them, in fact.

I hated that you seemed to look at the Fourteenth Ammendment as a sort of polite suggestion

Now that I think of it, I would have to search to find much you did in thirty-three years that I approved of.

But that should not suggest that I don't respect you.

You knew your number was up, but you fought on. You fought on for us. You probably knew you weren't going to last another three years, but damn it, you tried.

And we're grateful.

RIP Cheif Justice William Hubbs Rhenquist (1924-2005)

2 comments:

  1. I fear what might replace him.

    I am sure he ruled the way he felt a justice was suposed to rule.

    May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Very respectful.

    ReplyDelete