9.23.2010

Share this with your friends.

ED--  I'm still working on the piece I alluded to in my last post.  As it turns out, explaining what I love so goddamned much about The Venture Brothers to an audience that (I assume) isn't familiar at all with the show, which has been around for years, is an interesting challenge.  While I figure it out, here is some must-see analysis of the two most important political fights going on right now.

Keith on the debate over repealing the Bush tax cuts for the rich and its alleged impact on "small businesses"


I'd known since 2004 that the claims about "small businesses" that Bush was using to defend his tax cuts were shameless manipulations of the facts, but this is fucking ludicrous.  Share this with anybody who is even considering voting Republican this year.  It casts a pale light upon not only their deception but the extent to which it fills their campaign coffers.

Rachel on the Senate's failure to repeal Don't Ask, Don't tell


Who would have guessed that the United States Senate would manage to come down on the wrong side of an issue that 78% of Americans agree on. I have no words.

Ok, that's not true, but I don't have any that are better than Rachel's.

The silver lining here is that progressives have two issues that they can run on. But as the great philosopher Jerry Garcia wrote, "Every silver lining has a touch of grey."  And here it's obvious.  It's the Democratic Party.  So, you know.  Good luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment