3.12.2007

Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Notoriously difficult question. And one so rarely has the proper time to formulate a proper answer to it.

Anyone who, in the pale moonlight, would present him or herself as the Devil must be called into question. I can't imagine the Devil would present itself as such openly and notoriously to someone who isn't a blues musician looking for mastery. Then again I can see how an individual might be so savvy as to warrant the lack of subterfuge. Does the Devil always lead, I wonder? Perhaps sometimes he follows to put one at ease. Part of the disguise.

I myself have danced with one who was introduced as the devil but wasn't. Possibly some who were really the devil in disguise.

Actually a couple of times with persons bearing the name Lucifer. I shit you not. Whether or not bearing that name makes one The Devil is hardly clear cut though

So the question is in doubt. I do know what Jack Nickelson said when he was asked this question by a fan who happened to be at the urinal next to him.

"I have now, baby."

It is not meet for you or I to question the wisdom of Jack

5 comments:

  1. wow, the man can piss and THINK with wit on his feet. i will always have somewhat of a crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wombat that was one hell of an unexpected ending

    But Jack's he not called the coolest of the all time cool for nothing

    Loved the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. how i do love me my jack. older men are are a bit scruffy around the edges, but when they serve up a dish of scathing wit, they're as smooth as smooth can be. i agree with pia. this post was outfuckenstanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna: The story came from a friend of mine, about an uncle of his. Or an uncle of a friend of his. Jack is basically the man

    Pia: Jack could have a heart attack and still be calm all throughout. He's so cool you can keep beer in him.

    {illyria}: Have you seen The Departed? He was excellent. I don't think I've ever seen anything of his I didn't like

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd totally do Jack, clever man.

    I have only danced with the devil in the pale moonlight on IM - but you already knew that. ;0

    ReplyDelete