10.14.2005

Joss Whedon is my master now

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me

Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be
Since I found
Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me

Ok, so the slogan isn't mine, but that does not make Firefly any less awesome. I watched a bunch of episodes the other day with my cousin and am actively seeking the rest so that I might prepare for Serenity. Basically the show and movie are what Star Wars would be if it was focused on a Han Solo who still shot first.

Which reminds me. Have I posted about how Wikipedia is an awesome and fantastic resource? It can't be said enough. If there is information that exists and is known by someone who reads it, chances are it ends up there. Of course, occasionally the entries are slightly suspect, but that is made up for by the sheer scope of the project.

However, I maintain that there is more that could be done with it. I think that there should be implemented a sort of Gonzo wikipedia that mirrors the main one, only in the "truth over facts" tradition of Hunter S Thompson. That being said I'm too goddamned lazy to set something like that up.

So yeah. Below is a rant about a prominent cretin if anyone's interested

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it is worth bother to see it if I don't do the whole firefly thing. I don't have time to do the whole firefly thing right now so Serenity may have to wait. Let me know what you think.

    I have a couple people coming in late tonight or early tomorrow and they mentioned seeing it if the weather sucked tomorrow - the weather sucks- but I don't want to waste my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't seen Serenity, so I'm in no position to tell you whether or not you can see it without first seeing all of Firefly. I would err on the side of making sure that you see Serenity on the big screen. Whedon wants to make a trilogy and every ticket helps in some small way to convince the movie studios that it would be a good idea to indulge him.

    I'll ask my friend who's seen both Firefly and Serenity if there are any episodes you could skip over if you were just prepping for the movie.

    ReplyDelete