10.28.2005

And there was much rejoicing...

...Or was there? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Miers walking away, but that's not the point. This could easily have been a ploy. In an administration where CIA agents get outed for speaking out against a war that was approved based on (quite possibly and I believe probably) faulty intel, you cannot afford to rule any treachery out. And yes, indictments are great, but the damage has been done for the most part, and the ratio of indictments to total number of criminals within the Bush administration is hardly anything to cheer about. Normally I'd be reaching into a big ol' bag of Hunter S Thompson quotes, but I figured I'd mix it up. We'll start with the only tangentially relevant

Sir, you claim to actually be the true author of all of Shakespeare's works?"
"Yes, I do".
"But sir, how could you have written them if we have evidence of them being performed well over 300 years before you were born?
"...Well, I must admit, that point is where my argument falls through. To be honest, I was hoping you wouldn't ask that one...but you're much too clever for me."

Monty Python

to the somewhat closer to the mark

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress

The citizen who sees his society's democratic clothes being worn out and does not cry out is not a patriot but a traitor.

Mark Twain

The reason I'm citing quotes now is that I'm not sure I have anything more to say about this situation. I have spoken rather a lot about these people and I cannot stress enough that if their actions did not have a direct and palpable effect on our everyday lives I would consider them to be below my mention. For a long time I have simply not known what to say.

Today I say that perhaps now we have a chance to right some wrongs in 06. To break the stranglehold of corrupt politics and replace it with hopefully less corrupt politics.

I'm being cynical. It's kind of what I do here.

It looks like I missed the boat for seeing Serenity in theaters. I didn't see that one coming. The most accessible showing for me is in another state. I'm seriously considering it. In any case this is not cool.

So I'm thinking of stirring things up template-wise. Not quite sure to what effect. Also I have a few ideas percolating, one of which is blog-related. More on that as it develops to a point where it can be revealed.

Perhaps I'll post again later, but as per usual I wouldn't take odds.

Oh, and before I forget, Transience has shown me some linkage love, and reciprocation can be found to the right.

You know, I hadn't meant for that to sound dirty...

And also now that I look at this post it's more to the right and up...

3 comments:

  1. If transcience shows you linkage of love you are indeed a special person.;)

    I'll be back for the revealation...so biblical you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not biblical.

    Dramatic.

    The bible stole my stlye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and we ain't running no damn daisy farms either. thanks for the link-back, wombat.

    ReplyDelete